Sunday, May 10, 2009

...story..love..etc.

...what can you say about a twenty five year old girl who died
....that she was brilliant and beautiful, that she loved Mozart, Bach, the Beatles and me...

Oh! minor mistake in the quote...its 'she was beautiful and brilliant'(how can I imagine that brilliance would come before beauty).....Some nine years back, I wrote these very lines...well, I was in grads first year then, and in our alternative English paper, we were asked to write an essay on our favourite book. And lo! I started with these very lines..probably scored some average marks. And day before yesterday, as I was watching this movie, ya.. Love Story 1970, based on Eric Segal's 'Love Story...' I couldn't stop my tears..(oh! I never thought am such a closet romantic)..Anyway, the thing which is bothering me is what was lacking at that point in time..that though I loved the book..I was not that sentimental about it (..its not that am very senti about it now)...I tried finding an answer..but nothing concrete came to my mind...maybe..as adults we often tend to lock our emotions in a closet..so somehow if something ..some words.. accidently meet each other as strangers..we get a tug-at-the-hearstring..

But ya..I know..these lines about Jenny..has something..which would always make it much more than a mere love story for me....

No comments: