Wednesday, May 20, 2009

a non-achiever..

I think maybe I am a non-achiever whose biggest achievement in life is..err..nothing (maybe when I procreate, that would be one).
Of late, this feeling of being a non-achiever is haunting me. Why would it not haunt me as in this last 50-60 days, am forced to consider by my circumstances..that am a total non-achiever.
First, I was bed-riddened for a month(getting sick is not a crime, but when its said that its due to your carelessness then....)
Second, I left my job (not a lucrative one..but still it gave me some satisfaction)
Third, My dissertation (I have to submit it in two months)..and this would be the longest one..my present plight..the other day, my guide told me "..your data analysis chapter is very uninteresting..no one would read that.." I stood puzzled for a while..never in my wildest dream have I thought that something as dry as data, and further, analysis of that data had any chance of being interesting--after all facts are to be presented as facts. Morever, I never thought am writing a novel, which would be written by keeping in mind the intellectual demands of the readers. Anyway, its been a year now-and in this phase all I was doin was thinking about the aspects of crafting, implementing and defending my dissertation..and the further thinking included..field work, sample size, informants, cloze tests...After many sleepless nights, I Prepared a tabulated form of my data. Now, my guide says I don't need to make it a part of my my dissertation(its not needed even in the appendix)..ok..now I was not at all prepared for this..I looked at him with my pleading eyes..but he was too lost in my literature review chapter to notice me..and lo! there goes my twenty pages of data tabulation in the dustbin.
I guess this isn't enough to make me a non-achiever..so here's some more..why I think am a non-achiever..
I never laughed at Tom & Jerry, never cried for anything substantial (other than those routine fights with N), never completed a cricket match, never read Pride and Prejudice (have of course seen the poor adaptation by Gurinder Chadda), never had gin, vodka or whatever (don't even remember the names)and whenever had few sips of coca-cola, pepsi..ended up with non-stop burps (don't hate it..its human), never tried a cigarette, never praised anything for its 'energy'(energy to live..recently I found another moron..she too never did this), never enjoyed a train journey...ok..ok..I should better stop it here..otherwise I would go into depression..:-)

2 comments:

Ekta said...

so finally it has been stamped that Iam a moron though I never had a doubt about. Nice way to be connected through blogs....

random sampling.... said...

:-) :-)...m d frst moron..u cme nxt..its a spcl knd of cmplemnt u c..:-)