Sunday, June 21, 2009

@Radha.Love..

As I was staring at the Radha Krishna calendar (courtesy mom-few months back, when I was at home for my field work, with a saas boo hoo soap at the backdrop, mom said..nah ..commanded[maybe she got inspired by the soap and mistook me for her boo hoo] ‘you are carrying this calendar to your hostel, girls should have some bhakti bhav-now, that’s another story, the retaliation drama, that would need a separate post) a thought came to my mind…why do I hear some buzz…some shrill shouts, it seems the bajrangs and shivs are heading towards me. But how can they?? The thought's still in my mind...am yet to open my Pandora’s box.

Uff …enough of these dals and senas…can’t permit them to control my thoughts (what an irony,…a common man is forced to think twice, actually..much more than that before putting forward one’s views. Yes gulal [the movie-no footnoting required], you were right-democracy ki truly baj gayi band…no freedom of thought- you see).

Coming back to my thought, which starts with my staring at the Radha Krishna calendar. I think, by now even you people know that my thought has some business with Radha Krishna. Yes, indeed…its them. Whenever we talk of a loving couple, we say Radha Krishna ki jodi. Whenever we talk of immortal love, its again Radha Krishna. But Krishna didn’t marry Radha. And Radha married Ayanaghosh/Chandrasena (thank God! its just one as according to some texts, Krishna had 16,108 wives, of which eight were chief-including Rukmini, Satyabhama,Jambavati). I guess, as they didn’t register marriages those days, we are not in a position to trace the exact record.

Now, as a mere mortal am asking…what was the exact relationship between Radha and Krishna. Technically, as both of them were married, the word paramour does come to the scene. (oops! unintentional blasphemy..pardon me)

Our society doesn’t approve relationships outside marriage to be legal. If proved, a person would be held guilty and punished. And this is the same society which swears on Radha Krishna’s relationship.(confusing contradiction)

There might be some logic behind Krishna's not marrying Radha (please enlighten me on this..).But why do we worship and swear on a relationship which had been an extramarital one?

(unlike other posts, couldn’t find an answer to this..)

No comments: