Sunday, June 28, 2009

A House for Ms.Chetia

Looking for a House?


I am…and with that am facing the following queries day in and day out-


  • How much I can afford
  • The down payment
  • The loan
  • How to qualify for a loan (most important)
  • Closing costs

…..and I don’t remember others (after all ..am just attempting to become a first-time home buyer).


Oh! Mr. Biswas …you can’t even imagine…how much I can relate to your dream of building a House that you desperately wanted to call your own and your hurt, your pain…when your attempts to build a House of your own failed (twice)…when you were always short of cash …when your pretty practical wife knowing your financial condition stayed at her mother’s place with the kids (Thank God! I don’t have a pretty practical hubby yet ;-)).

But Mr.Biswas…you did manage a House of your own towards the end of the novel…and like you, nothing gave me more happiness when you finally moved to the place of your own and was indebted to none.


(How I wish to manage a place of my own like you—A House for Ms. Chetia)

No comments: