Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Last Sight

The green curtain fluttered

a dream-like fragrance

with outstretched hands

She came in…

I gently put my hand on hers

She ran her fingers

…through my tangled hair

I looked at her kohled eyes

shadowy lines merged into emptiness

reminded me

…of the dark forest grove

and the name of Rana Uncle

on the flyleaf of her book

middle parting of the hair

and a tight bun behind

highlighted the broad forehead

I looked out of the window

…a purple haze

lights shone like glow-worms

She came up to me

…and stared with helpless eyes

She drew me close

and on my feverish cheeks

put her cold, dry lips

light breeze and her saree trembled

She slept in the next room bed

morning a feigned knock…

the maid said…

‘your mother passed away last night…’

No comments: